BUTKUS TAKES HEART
The tenacious football legend Dick Butkus consented to a heart scan 15 years ago. That simple procedure revealed a condition requiring immediate medical attention and saved his life. Now, Butkus wants all sports fans to take heart – to know their cardiovascular health so they can act accordingly.
The heart is the most important muscle in our body yet few know their heart health. Heart disease consumes 1-in-6 healthcare dollars and causes 6 million hospital stays. It claims 800,000 American lives annually, more than cancer or accidents. For half, their first warning was their last. And yet, heart issues often are treatable through lifestyle modifications or medical options.
Increase the percentage of American adults who know and actively manage the condition of their heart so they can enjoy a long, healthy life, through a nationwide Butkus Takes Heart™ initiative.
Seeking partner(s) who share Butkus’ passion for advancing health and wellness to introduce Butkus Takes Heart™ nationwide.
• Access – Low-cost screening clinic partners in every NFL city
• Website – Easy self-assessment and information support
• Events – Kickoff rallies, scanning events to ignite attention
• Displays – Educational information in high-traffic areas
• Messages – National public-service campaign
• Updates – Newsletters, literature and educational tools
• Courtesy Support – returning military personnel, first responders